Responsible for developing, supporting and taking forward the application of innovative traffic technology to roads and to network operations. The technologies involved have a diverse range and include, command and control, telecommunications, traffic control and highway-electrical systems, including electrical systems in tunnels, used by the Agency to fulfil its traffic management role. Multi-project Sponsor role for a number of specific Technology Projects:
- M20 J4-8 Controlled Motorway and HADECS (Highways Agency Digital Enforcement Camera System).
- M25 J10-16 Upgrade HADECS Enforcement
- Project Cordon – Kent, Maidstone Medway and Highways Agency partnership
- Ramp Metering Project Sponsor Areas 3 and 5
- Ramp Metering National Project Sponsor and Technical advisor